South Africa is a country located at the southern tip of Africa. It has a long coastline that stretches more than 2,500 km (1,553 mi) and along two oceans (the South Atlantic and the Indian). Numerous animals are found including lions, leopards, white rhinos, blue wildebeest, kudus, impalas, hyenas, hippopotami and giraffes. A significant number exist in the north-east including Kruger National Park and the Mala Mala Reserve, as well as in the far north in the Waterberg Biosphere. With more than 20,000 different plants, South Africa is particularly rich in plant variety.
On this tour you will be enthralled with the beauty of South Africa as you move from Johannesburg to the beautiful Cape Town. A visit to The Soweto and Apartheid Museum is fascinating. At Kruger National Park your full day open vehicle game drive view is thrilling. All the Big Five game animals (African lion, African elephant, Cape Buffalo, African leopard, and White/Black rhinoceros are found.
South Africa’s Garden Route is a top travel destination and one of the most popular tours due to the beautiful beaches along the route. The Garden Route is an incredibly scenic part of South Africa with pretty seaside towns and white sandy beaches. It is the ideal destination for just about anyone, from families to honeymooners. Finally you will visit the beautiful and famous city of Capetown with its well-known harbour, its natural setting as well as for its great landmarks, Table Mountain and Cape Point which you will thoroughly enjoy on this tour.
1) Winnie & Nelson Mandela’s Old house – Johannesburg
2) Maponya Shopping Mall – Johannesburg
3) The Apartheid Museum – Johannesburg
4) Open vehicle game drive in Kruger National Park
5) Cruise on Lake Jozini – enroute Mkuze
6) Shakaland Cultural Village – en route Durban
7) Assegaai-wielding warriors – en route Durban
8) share the fascinating secrets of the Sangomas – en route Durban
9) Witness traditional customs: tribal dancing/spear making/beer-drinking ceremonies – en route Durban
10) Storm’s River Bridge & Tzitzikamma National Park – en route Knysna
11) Cruise on Knysna lagoon to Featherbed Nature Reserve – Knysna
12) World renowned buffet lunch at outdoor restaurant under a canopy of Milkwood trees
13) Guided tour at Safari Ostrich Farm–Oudtshoorn
14) 20 million year-old Cango Caves – Oudtshoorn
15) Ascend the magnificent Table Mountain by a revolving cable car – Cape Town
16) Cape Point Nature Reserve – wildlife and bird watching – Cape Town
17) The majestic coastline called “Nature’s Greatest Show” – Cape Town
18) Feel the brisk wind called the “Cape Doctor” for its presumed curative powers – Cape Town
19) Muizenberg a beach-side suburb – Cape Town
20) Visit the Penguin colony at Boulders Beach – Cape Town
Toronto – Johannesburg (JNB)
Board your International flight for Johannesburg.
Transfer from JNB airport to your hotel. Overnight at the Hotel.
Full day tour of Soweto & Apartheid Museum Overnight at the Hotel.
4 day overland tour via Kruger Park & Zululand to Durban (Straight drive from Johannesburg to Hazyview takes approx. 6hr30min) Overnight at the Hotel.
Full day open vehicle game drive in Kruger National Park Overnight at the Hotel.
Travel via Ermelo & Piet Retief to Mkuze Cruise on Lake Jozini (time permitting) Overnight at the Hotel.
En route to Durban, visit Shakaland Cultural Village for a show/tour & lunch Overnight at the Hotel.
4 day overland tour along Garden Route to Cape Town Visit Storm’s River Bridge & Tzitzikamma National Park en route to Knysna Overnight at the Hotel.
Featherbed excursion : cruise on Knysna lagoon to Featherbed Nature Reserve for nature walk & lunch Afternoon at leisure Overnight at the Hotel.
4 day overland tour via Kruger Park & Zululand to Durban (Straight drive from Johannesburg to Hazyview takes approx. 6hr30min) Overnight at the Hotel
Travel past Wilderness & George to Oudtshoorn Guided tour at Ostrich Farm Guided tour at Cango Caves Overnight at the Hotel.
Travel along Route 62 to Cape Town Overnight at the Hotel.
Morning tour of Cape Town City Visit top of Table Mountain (cable car tickets included. Weather Permitting.); SA Museum & Castle of Good Hope Overnight at the Hotel.
Full day Cape Peninsula tour Includes : Chapmans Peak (if open), Cape Point Nature Reserve, Penguin Colony & Kirstenbosch Overnight at the Hotel.
Cape Town – Toronto
Transfer to Cape Town airport for onward flight home.
- COST : USD 2500
Fixed Departure : 2015 Apr 10 – 23
(Other Groups and FIT may set own dates)
- 1) All the items mentioned in “Tour Highlights”’
2) Air conditioned accommodation on Double/Twin sharing basis
3) Daily Buffet Breakfast
4) Tour assistance on arrivals and departures
5) Transfers and tours as per the itinerary
6) All transportation & sightseeing by private air conditioned Car/Van/Coach
7) English speaking guides in all cities with English speaking driver
8) Tour as per the itinerary
9) Entrance fees to sightseeing/excursions as per above itinerary
10) 2 x lunches
11) All Porterage
12) Driver & guide’s meals & accommodation where necessary
- 1) All airfares, air reservations and airport taxes
2) All other meals
3) All other accommodation
4) All other transport
5) Personal expenses such as tips for meals, gratuities for guides/game rangers, all alcoholic and other beverages, telephone calls and laundry
6) Any other services not mentioned in ‘COST INCLUDES.